Depart from Deering Estate and experience Biscayne National Park in a new light!
Stiltsville Guided Tour From Coconut Grove
Experience Historic Stiltsville
Departure Location: Dinner Key Marina in Coconut Grove, FL
Duration: 2 hours
Start Time: 12:30 PM & 3:00 PM
Available Days: Thursday-Sunday
- Before completing your booking, make sure to read our Cancellation Policy.
- Please read all information below including the drop down menus to learn more about this trip.
- Passenger Ages 5+
- Passenger Ages 4 and under
Experience Historic Stiltsville
Journey through the northern most part of Biscayne National Park to the six alluring historic Stiltsville Houses that appear to be floating on the Bay, just one mile off of the coast line. Learn about the rich history of this area of Miami and Biscayne National Park.
Departing from Dinner Key Marina in Miami’s Coconut Grove, Stiltsville tours will take you for an up-close look at the village in the bay. You’ll see that each house has it’s own unique character and story. Stiltsville is a reminder of the time when this area was known to be the playground for the wealthy. On this 2-hour boat cruise, you too can experience what draws people to these legendary waters. This is an experience that the whole family will enjoy.
- Thursday – Sunday: 12:30 PM-2:30 PM and 3:00 PM-5:00 PM
- Advance reservations are advised for this tour, no cash is accepted on site.
Departs from Dinner Key Marina.
3400 Pan American Dr, Miami, FL 33133.
The tours and activities departing from Dinner Key Marina are possible thanks to a partnership between Biscayne National Park, the Florida National Parks Association, City of Miami, and the Miami-Dade County Parks Recreation and Open Spaces Department.
This program Departs from Dinner Key Marina in Coconut Grove at 3400 Pan American Drive, Miami 33133. Please arrive 30 mins before your trip. Check out our Transportation Page to learn more about transportation options for this location.
The boat is docked at Pier 9 between Miami Watersports and the sign for Pier 7. Look for the Biscayne National Park Institute signage. See confirmation email for more detailed directions. Upon arrival, check in with your Captain/Naturalist.
Please note: You will have to pay for parking at this location.
- We recommend parking in the Regatta Harbour Parking Garage located at 3351 Pan American Dr, Miami, FL 33133.
- There’s also a paid parking lot between Pan American Dr. and Regatta Park. This lot is limited to 4-hours.
This Biscayne cruise is great for all ages. We do ask to keep an eye on younger passengers in your group to ensure everyone’s safety.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
This program has movements that could cause problems for pregnant women, those with recent surgeries or back injuries, and can cause motion/sea sickness. To best accommodate you and make your trip safe and enjoyable, please make a note in your reservation or privately notify our captain or mate if:
- You have any recent surgeries
- You have any back injuries
- You have any medical conditions
- You are prone to motion/sea sickness
- You are pregnant
- You have any other concerns regarding your safety and health
We recommend that you bring along the following:
- Water Bottle
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Light jacket
On windy days, water might splash in to the boat. We recommend storing any valuables in a waterproof bag.
What equipment is provided during the program?
- Life jackets can be provided if requested. There are emergency life jackets on the boat.
- The boat will have a max of 40 passengers. This boat does have a small bathroom for emergency use. During the trip, the boat stays in the bay the whole time, this will lessen the chance of motion sickness. This trip will not stop at any of the islands.
While cruising in the bay, especially on a windy day, there’s a chance that water will splash into the boat; we highly suggest storing anything that you don’t wish to get wet in a drybag.
Online waivers will be sent with the booking confirmation. No printing necessary. You can even complete the waivers on your phone! Adults over the age of 18 must complete and submit their own waiver. Minors ages 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian complete and submit a waiver on behalf of the minor. For snorkeling activities there are separate waivers for adults and minors, please be sure you are completing the appropriate waiver. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. To complete the waiver process, you will need to confirm your email address through and email that will be sent by Smartwaiver.
Is there a place on the boat to hold my stuff?
- You can keep items on the boat during your excursion but there is a possibility of them getting wet during the trip, we ask that you use a dry bag and keep personal belongings hidden inside of your vehicles.
Is this a glass bottom boat?
- This is not a glass bottom boat, but in shallow areas the seagrass will be visible from the side of the boat. This trip will not go out to the ocean side, coral reef barriers will not be seen.
What is a Naturalist?
- Our tour guides, Naturalists, are continuous students of the natural world and provide interpretive, educational, and historical programs in South Florida’s National Parks. Each are trained by the National Park Service to ensure they are equipped with and can provide the most up to date information, research, and opportunities when connecting with guests.
What does interpretation mean?
- Interpretation is a purposeful form of communication that seeks to translate the world around us. Our Naturalists help interpret the natural environment, history, research, etc. to support guests in broadening their perspectives, deepening their understanding, and inspiring them to cultivate meaningful connections with South Florida’s National Parks.