Experience all the best the park has to offer on a full-day adventure!
Deering Estate Lighthouses Boat Cruise
Boat Cruise Of Biscayne Bay Lighthouses Departing From Deering Estate
Departure Location: Deering Estate
Duration: 4 hours
Start Time: 10:30 a.m.
Available Days: One Saturday of each month
- All guest must be 5 years and older.
- Entrance fee to Deering Estate is included.
- See Keeping You Safe from COVID-19 for additional information before you book.
Experience Biscayne National Park in a new light!
After departing from Deering Estate, a Biscayne National Park Ranger guides you on a journey through Biscayne Bay to see the iconic Cape Florida, Fowey Rocks, and Boca Chita lighthouses and learn about the history that surrounds them. You cut through the alluring Stiltsville and go to Boca Chita Key to get up close to Biscayne National Park’s iconic Boca Chita Lighthouse with a chance of climbing to the top of Boca Chita Lighthouse for a panoramic view of the Bay. You may also have the opportunity to see wildlife including, dolphins, sea turtles, and many shore birds.
This experience is only offered one Saturday a month. Advance reservations are required for this tour.
Note: We make every attempt to go as close as possible to Fowey Rocks Lighthouse, however weather and sea conditions determine how close the vessel can approach this lighthouse while still providing you with a safe and enjoyable experience.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
This program will depart from the dockage area located directly behind Deering Estate. 16701 SW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33157. This is near the Palmetto Bay area.
Enter through the main gate of the estate and let the ticket booth know that you’re checking in for a boat tour. They will be able to direct you from there. Please arrive 30 minutes before your tour.
Boat tour ticket includes admission to Deering Estate.
Guest must be 5 years and older to participate on this tour. We do ask to keep an eye on younger passengers in your group to ensure everyone’s safety.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
This program has movements that could cause problems for pregnant women, those with recent surgeries or back injuries, and can cause motion/sea sickness. To best accommodate you and make your trip safe and enjoyable, please make a note in your reservation or privately notify our captain or mate if:
- You have any recent surgeries
- You have any back injuries
- You have any medical conditions
- You are prone to motion/sea sickness
- You are pregnant
- You have any other concerns regarding your safety and health
Please note: If it is determined the trip may not be suitable for you based on the days conditions a full refund will be offered.
We do provide an ADA Certified ramp when requested. Please contact us and let us know if you need this at least a day before the trip to have it set for your trip.
We recommend that you bring along the following:
- Water Bottle
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Hat, light jacket, and sunglasses
On windy days, water might splash into the boat. We recommend storing any valuables in a waterproof bag.
What equipment is provided during the program?
- Life jackets can be provided if requested. There are emergency life jackets on the boat.
- The boat will be a Corithian that’s 45 ft long. It could hold a max of 40 passengers. This boat does have a small bathroom for use. We recommended using the bathroom in the Estate before departing. During this trip, the boat stays in the bay most of time, this will lessen the chance of motion sickness.
- While cruising in the bay, especially on a windy day, there’s a chance that water will splash into the boat; we highly suggest storing anything that you don’t wish to get wet in a drybag.
- We can provide an ADA certified ramp, however we must be notified at least 24 hours before the trip. Please call our call center to help you with this accommodation.
Online waivers will be sent with the booking confirmation. No printing necessary. You can even complete the waivers on your phone! Adults over the age of 18 must complete and submit their own waiver. Minors ages 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian complete and submit a waiver on behalf of the minor. For snorkeling activities there are separate waivers for adults and minors, please be sure you are completing the appropriate waiver. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. To complete the waiver process, you will need to confirm your email address through and email that will be sent by Smartwaiver.
Do you support any ADA needs?
- We do our best to accommodate any ADA needs, for better assistance please contact us at (786) 465-4058 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll gladly assist you on any concerns.
Is there a place on the boat to hold my stuff?
- You can keep items on the boat during your excursion but there is a possibility of them getting wet during the trip, we ask that you use a dry bag and keep personal belongs hidden inside of your vehicles.
Is this a glass bottom boat?
- This is not a glass bottom boat, but in shallow areas the seagrass will be visible from the side of the boat. This trip will not go out to the ocean side, coral reef barriers will not be seen.