Join us for an intimate exploration of the waters of Biscayne National Park!
Sail, Paddle, Snorkel & Island Visit
All day taste of the park with 6 people max, suitable for all ages
Departure Location: Dante Fascell Visitor Center in Homestead, FL
Duration: 6 hours
Start Time: 10 a.m.
Age Restriction: Ages 8+ on shared trips. All ages welcomed on private trips.
- Please note, due to dock construction at the island, disembarking at an island might not be possible for the time being.
- Fins are required to be worn by all participants while snorkeling as a safety precaution. Snorkel equipment rental is available.
- See Keeping You Safe from COVID-19 Important information regarding new guidelines and procedures for our trips.
- Passenger Ages 8+
- Private Tour Up to 6 passengers
Sail, paddle, snorkel, and visit an island on a full-day adventure in Biscayne National Park!
Join us as we explore Biscayne National Park under sail. Full-day trips sail east across the bay for several hours before stopping ashore at Boca Chita or Adams Key. Kayak or paddleboard from the boat dock on the island to swim, explore using paddle craft, or snorkel. We use stand up paddleboards while paddling the island mangroves because their low profile allows you to see more beneath the water surface. Stand up paddle boards are very stable and can be knelt on or sat on like a kayak.
Bring your own lunch to eat at a shady picnic table on the island.
Please note: On this sailing trip we do not go to the reefs on the Atlantic side for snorkeling, instead we snorkel in the calm waters within the bay and alongside the fringes of the mangroves.
A library of relevant books are on board including fish, birds, and invertebrate identification books. Our boats are rigged with shade, but there are also additional areas where you can relax in the sun. We have drinking water on board along with full marine bathrooms and a freshwater hose.
This program will depart from Convoy Point located at the Dante Fascell Visitor Center in Homestead, FL. 9700 SW 328th Street Sir Lancelot Jones Way Homestead, FL 33033.
You will check-in at the bookstore that’s located on the second floor right next to the visitor center 30 mins before the trip departs. Please complete your waivers before your trip to ensure a smoother check-in process.
This sailing program has an age limit of 8 and older. For safety reasons, because of the size of snorkeling group going out and the additional paddling activity, we request for children younger than 8 to be in private trips so that the captain and staff can focus on the child and your family in any case of an emergency.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
This Biscayne National Park snorkeling and paddling program is designed for active adults and children over eight who are good swimmers (private trips open to all ages). Swimming in the bay, you may encounter some currents and swells which require the ability to swim and float confidently. Inflatable snorkeling vests are required, optional life jackets and pool noodles are available on the boat upon request.
This program has activities that could cause problems for pregnant women, those with recent surgeries or back injuries, and can cause motion/sea sickness. To best accommodate you and make your trip safe and enjoyable, please make a note in your reservation or privately notify our captain or mate if:
- You are not an experienced snorkeler/paddler
- You have any recent surgeries
- You have any back injuries
- You have any medical conditions
- You are prone to motion/sea sickness
- You are pregnant
- You have any other concerns regarding your safety and health
Please note: If it is determined the trip may not be suitable for you based on the days conditions a full refund will be offered.
We recommend that you bring along the following:
- Water Bottle
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Towel and extra clothes
Lunch is NOT included. Please bring your own lunch and snacks so you don’t go hungry on your full-day adventure!
You can also bring a small cooler and a bag with you on the boat. Please do not bring anything that you don’t wish to get wet. We recommend storing any valuables in a waterproof bag.
What equipment is provided during the program?
- Snorkel vests are provided if you are taking a snorkeling excursion, you will be given a snorkel vest that must been worn while snorkeling.
- Floatation devices are given on request such as pool noodles and life jackets.
- Snorkeling equipment is available for rent during check-out or on the day of your excursion at our store. Fins are the only equipment that’s required to wear while snorkeling.
- Snorkeling Bundle (Masks, Fins, Snorkel) $10
- Mask $3
- Fins $4
- Snorkels $3
- Shorty Wetsuits $8
- The boat will be ~42’ sailboat that will have a max of 6 passengers. This boat does have a bathroom, but we also recommended using the bathroom in the visitor center before departing, there’s also bathrooms in the island. During the trip the sailboat stays in the bay the whole time, this will lessen the chance of motion sickness.
- We cannot add an additional passenger on this boat due to Coast Guard safety regulations. Small toddlers and babies still count as a passenger.
- There is a cooler with extra water on the boat, and a cooler to store snacks as well. You can also bring along a small cooler if you wish.
- You can leave your stuff on the boat while snorkeling and paddling, but there is a chance that it will get wet, we highly suggest storing anything that you don’t wish to get wet in a drybag.
Online waivers will be sent with the booking confirmation. No printing necessary. You can even complete the waivers on your phone! Adults over the age of 18 must complete and submit their own waiver. Minors ages 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian complete and submit a waiver on behalf of the minor. For snorkeling activities there are separate waivers for adults and minors, please be sure you are completing the appropriate waiver. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. To complete the waiver process, you will need to confirm your email address through and email that will be sent by Smartwaiver.
Snorkeling is an exciting and demanding activity. When performed correctly, applying correct techniques, it is relatively safe. However, there are certain medical conditions that increase risk. If you have a medical condition described on the Medical Statement or any other condition that would be contrary to safe participation in any in-water activities, you must provide documentation that you sought the advice of a physician prior to engaging in snorkeling activities.
Even if I’m not snorkeling/paddling but my family is, can I still sit on the boat?
- Yes, you may still sit on the boat while your family snorkels, but you would still have to pay the full price of a ticket even if you aren’t doing the activity.
Where do you go to snorkel?
- Your snorkel spot will be in the bay in areas of seagrass meadows and mangroves. This excursion will not go out to coral reef patches.
What is the difference between the All-Day Sailing and the Snorkel and Paddle Eco-Adventure?
- Our paddle and snorkel eco-adventure go out to the reefs (weather permitted) and takes our paddlers to gorgeous sites in the Jones Lagoon where you can explore the vast variety of wildlife and the captain will teach you the difference on habitats and how they interact. We use our power boat which gets you to where we are going quickly and allows you more time for in-water activities; but you miss the experience of a quiet sail across the bay. On shared trips we ask that participants be over 12 years old. If it is a private trip, all ages are welcome.
- Our Sail, Paddle, Snorkel, and Island Visit is a 6-hour excursion, that involves a 2-hour boat ride that teaches your group how to work a sailboat in which is very interactive and an experience in of itself, you will stay inside the bay on this trip, and will snorkel in the calm waters within the bay and alongside the fringes of the mangroves. There will be no coral reef snorkeling and you will paddle the island mangroves. Once you arrive to the island you will have 2 hours for activities and lunch and then it will be 2 hours on the ride back to our Visitor Center.
- Both excursions will supply you with Stand Up Paddleboards (SUPs). You can sit or kneel on the SUP. If you stand/kneel you will have a better view and potentially see more wildlife. Since the water is calm, and the boards are stable it is not hard to stand for first timers, but you may get wet!
- We carry the SUPs on the boat all the time, if you are unsure, chat with your captain before your trip and ask his or her advice, please do that at least 1/2 hour before the trip starts to insure an on-time departure.
- If you are worried about using a SUP, we suggest taking the half day Jones Lagoon trip which offers inflatable kayaks and SUPs.