Keep Biscayne Beautiful promotes the health of Biscayne Bay through
AWARENESS & ACTION
Who We Are
Keep Biscayne Beautiful is a call to action inspiring all to take action and help promote the health of Biscayne Bay and its surrounding areas. A partnership between Biscayne National Park and the Biscayne National Park Institute, this initiative’s goals are to unite the efforts of individuals, organizations and agencies focused on three main objectives:
- Marine Stewardship
- Marine Education
- Marine Recreation
Why We Care
Biscayne Bay and its surrounding areas are truly South Florida’s crown jewels. The glittering, crystal-clear blue waters beckon us to come and enjoy them. Many of us have grown up here along these waters boating, fishing, snorkeling, paddling, or just admiring the view from the shore. Others have just arrived and begun to marvel at the opportunities awaiting them in their aquamarine backyard. Some come for a visit and long for the day they can return to this oasis lying just beyond the Magic City.
Along with being our shared treasures, these areas are home to birds, marine mammals such as bottlenose dolphins and manatees, reptiles, fish, marine plants, and invertebrates, threatened and endangered species, and our commercially important species like crabs and lobster. Just like us, they depend on these waters and shorelines for healthy, safe places to grow.
How You Can Take Action
You’ve got what it takes to make a difference! There are so many ways that we can all get involved in keeping Biscayne beautiful while inspiring others to do the same! Joining a shoreline, beach or underwater cleanup event is a fun, hands-on chance to work alongside your neighbors.
Email [email protected] for cleanup opportunities.
If you are not local or do not want to get wet or dirty and still want to get involved, you can donate by clicking on the ‘DONATE’ button above.
$1,000 = 1,500 pounds of trash we can remove from an island shoreline, or $1,000 = an educational fishing trip for 25 youth
Donated funds go toward:
- Beach and marine debris cleanup events
- Marine patrols to protect the environment
- More fresh, clean water to the Bay
- Free youth fishing programs
- Day and night curriculum-based youth camps
- Community outreach and events
- Enhanced access and experiences
- Mooring buoys & docks
- Improved restrooms
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Display the Keep Biscayne Beautiful logo as a proud reminder of our shared efforts
- Dispose of trash properly and pick up trash when you see it
- Secure items and trash on boats
- Use mooring bouys when available
- Show off your Keep Biscayne Beautiful pride with apparel, accessories, and other items from the Keep Biscayne Beautiful Store (COMING SOON)
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and be sure to post pictures using #KeepBiscayneBeautiful