Explore the calm clear waters of this unique lagoon on a guided paddle!
Join Us For A Fully Immersive Exploration Of The Waters Of Biscayne National Park!
Departure Location: Dante Fascell Visitor Center in Homestead, FL
Duration: 6 hours
Start Time: 9:45 a.m.
Age Limit: Ages 12+
- This program is open to visitors with valid Scuba Certifications and previous diving experience. This is NOT an instructional scuba diving course.
- For the safety of all our guests, there is a maximum weight limit of 275 for all in-water-activities. This includes the following activities: kayaking, paddle boarding (SUPs), snorkeling, and SCUBA diving. There is not a weight limit for guests who are not engaging in an in-water-activity.
- Guests must be able to climb a four-step vertical ladder without assistance. This ladder will be used to get on and off the boat when participating in an in-water-activity.
- Before completing your booking, make sure to read our Cancellation Policy.
- Please read all information below including the drop down menus to learn more about this trip.
- Passenger Ages 12+, must be SCUBA Certified
- Private Trip Up to 4 passengers
A fully immersive exploration of Biscayne National Park!
A certified scuba naturalist will guide you in the water.
- Open to Scuba certified guests with previous experience, this is not an instructional scuba course.
- Guests must bring own scuba equipment or rent equipment. SCUBA equipment is available for rent during check out with a minimum of a 48-hour notice to have it ready for your trip.
- We will provide weights and air filled tanks
Join us for a fully immersed exploration of the waters of Biscayne National Park on our powerboat. On a full day guided trip guided by an Institute Naturalist, with only 6 people, you scuba and snorkel multiple underwater sites of the National Park System’s largest marine park. You may explore a shipwreck on the Maritime Heritage Trail, watch the amazing diversity of life on the coral reef, or explore the soft corals and sponges in the mangroves. Where you go each day will be based on the day’s weather and your group’s special interests. Your guide will be a Captain on the Biscayne National Park Institute staff who will teach you about the different underwater habitats in the park and how they interact with each other along with history of the area.
You will board your boat and cross Biscayne Bay and get in the water on your morning Scuba and/or snorkel. Then you’ll stop for lunch ashore on a barrier island, (lunch not included). After lunch, you’ll start your afternoon Scuba/or snorkel and then return across the bay to the visitor center arriving at about 3:45 PM.
This program will depart from Convoy Point located at the Dante Fascell Visitor Center in Homestead, FL. 9700 SW 328th Street Sir Lancelot Jones Way Homestead, FL 33033.
Check out our Transportation Page to learn more about transportation options for this location.
You will check-in at the bookstore that’s located on the second floor right next to the visitor center 30 mins before the trip departs. Please complete your waivers before your trip to ensure a smoother check-in process.
Participants must be SCUBA Certified to go on this excursion.
For the safety of all our guests, there is a maximum weight limit of 275 for all in-water-activities. This includes the following activities: kayaking, paddle boarding (SUPs), snorkeling, and SCUBA diving.
There is not a weight limit for guests who are not engaging in an in-water-activity.
For the safety of all our guests, guests must be able to climb a four-step vertical ladder without assistance. This ladder will be used to get on and off the boat when participating in an in-water-activity.
This full day program has an age limit of 12 and older. For safety reasons, because of the SCUBA activity and Certification, we request for all passengers to be older than 12.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
This Biscayne National Park SCUBA Diving program is designed for active adults and children over 12 who are good swimmers and SCUBA Certified. Swimming in the bay and open ocean, you may encounter some currents and swells which require the ability to swim and float confidently.
This program has activities that could cause problems for pregnant women, those with recent surgeries or back injuries, and can cause motion/sea sickness. To best accommodate you and make your trip safe and enjoyable, please make a note in your reservation or privately notify our captain or mate if:
- You are not an experienced SCUBA Diver
- You have any recent surgeries
- You have any back injuries
- You have any medical conditions
- You are prone to motion/sea sickness
- You are pregnant
- You have any other concerns regarding your safety and health
We recommend that you bring along the following:
- Water Bottle
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Towel and extra clothes
- SCUBA equipment if you aren’t renting
Lunch is NOT included. Please bring your own lunch and snacks so you don’t go hungry on your full-day adventure!
You can also bring a small cooler and a bag with you on the boat. Please do not bring anything that you don’t wish to get wet. We recommend storing any valuables in a waterproof bag.
We supply tanks, air, and weights, these are included in the price.
SCUBA equipment is available for rent during check out with a minimum of a 48-hour notice to have it ready for your trip.
- SCUBA BC and Regulator with included computers for each package per person $79
Snorkeling equipment is also available for rent during check-out or on the day of your excursion at our store. Fins are the only equipment that’s required to wear while snorkeling.
- Snorkeling Bundle (Masks, Fins, Snorkel) $16
- Mask $5
- Fins $6
- Snorkels $5
- Shorty Wetsuits $10
For the best fit, please bring your own gear if you have it. We do not rent or sell any scuba equipment on site.
Spear guns and fishing equipment are not allowed on our trips.
There is a cooler with extra water on the boat, and a cooler to store snacks as well. You can also leave your stuff on the boat while SCUBA diving, but there is a chance that it will get wet, we highly suggest storing anything that you don’t wish to get wet in a drybag.
No printing necessary. You can even complete the waivers on your phone! Adults over the age of 18 must complete and submit their own waiver. Minors ages 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian complete and submit a waiver on behalf of the minor. For diving/snorkeling activities there are separate waivers for adults and minors, please be sure you are completing the appropriate waiver. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. To complete the waiver process, you will need to confirm your email address through and email that will be sent by Smartwaiver.
Diving/snorkeling is an exciting and demanding activity. When performed correctly, applying correct techniques, it is relatively safe. However, there are certain medical conditions that increase risk. If you have a medical condition described on the Medical Statement or any other condition that would be contrary to safe participation in any in-water activities, you must provide documentation that you sought the advice of a physician prior to engaging in diving/snorkeling activities.
What reefs do you go to?
- The captains make the decision on reef locations, so it is very dependent on weather conditions and captains’ choice. Once you book and receive an email confirmation, you will be given the captain’s phone line to ask questions about the location of your trip.