Snorkel And Island Visit From Coconut Grove
Snorkel And Visit An Island At Biscayne National Park From Coconut Grove's Dinner Marina
Departure Location: Dinner Key Marina in Coconut Grove, FL
Duration: 6 hours
Start Time: 10:15 a.m.
Age Limit: 8+ on shared trips. All ages welcomed on private trips.
- Fins are required to be worn by all participants while snorkeling as a safety precaution. Snorkel equipment rental is available.
- For the safety of all our guests, there is a maximum weight limit of 275 for all in-water-activities. This includes the following activities: kayaking, paddle boarding (SUPs), snorkeling, and SCUBA diving. There is not a weight limit for guests who are not engaging in an in-water-activity.
- Guests must be able to climb a four-step vertical ladder without assistance. This ladder will be used to get on and off the boat when participating in an in-water-activity.
- Before completing your booking, make sure to read our Cancellation Policy.
- Please read all information below including the drop down menus to learn more about this trip.
- Passenger Ages 8+
- Private Trip Up to 6 people
Snorkel a Patch Reef, a Shipwreck, or the Mangroves; Cruise by the Stiltsville Houses; Visit an Island; Learn about the Birds of Biscayne
Visit Biscayne National Park with this full day guided eco-adventure departing from Miami’s Historic Coconut Grove. You will board your vessel at Dinner Key Marina at the dock right next to Miami City Hall with no more than 6 people.
You will cross Biscayne Bay and enter Biscayne National Park to snorkel a historic shipwreck, a reef, or the mangroves of a Florida Key. Each trip will visit two snorkel locations. Your Captain will choose the snorkeling site daily based on weather and sea conditions to ensure safety and optimal snorkeling experience.
Sites can vary from a small collection of coral encrusted ballast stones, to historic ships that crashed into screw pile lighthouses, to the mangled metal structures of modern ships.
In the open ocean, you will snorkel around patch coral reefs which is full of color and diversity. There are hundreds of species of fish and many interesting sea creatures to discover.
Along the protected mangrove fringes of the norther most Florida Keys, snorkel the habitat which is home to many species of juvenile sea life and fish. See all there is to discover in the unique snorkeling location, including soft corals and sea sponges.
On the way to your snorkeling location, you’ll have a chance to view the historic Stiltsville Houses that are located on the northern side of the park.
You’ll also stop at one of Biscayne National Park’s islands where you’ll be able to walk around and eat lunch. This island could either be Boca Chita or Elliott Key.
During your trip, you’ll also get a chance to pass some of the keys that are known for their Blue Heron nesting area.
Your Captain will explain why coral reefs, mangroves, and seagrasses are all vital to the health of the local ecosystems.
Drinking water is available, please bring a refillable container to minimize trash. In an open boat, we recommend bringing a light jacket and towels as temperatures on the water can be cooler especially after being in the water. Please don’t bring anything on the boat that can’t get wet!
– This trip begins and ends in Coconut Grove at Dinner Key Marina and is located at 3400 Pan American Dr., Miami, FL 33133.
Please be aware that this program DOES NOT depart from the Dante Fascell Visitor Center located in Homestead, FL. This program will depart from Dinner Key Marina in Coconut Grove, FL.
This program Departs from Dinner Key Marina in Coconut Grove at 3400 Pan American Drive, Miami 33133. Please arrive 30 mins before your trip. Check out our Transportation Page to learn more about transportation options for this location.
The boat is docked at Pier 9 between Miami Watersports and the sign for Pier 7. Look for the Biscayne National Park Institute signage. See confirmation email for more detailed directions. Upon arrival, check in with your Captain/Naturalist.
Please note: You will have to pay for parking at this location.
- We recommend parking in the Regatta Harbour Parking Garage located at 3351 Pan American Dr, Miami, FL 33133.
- There’s also a paid parking lot between Pan American Dr. and Regatta Park. This lot is limited to 4-hours.
For the safety of all our guests, there is a maximum weight limit of 275 for all in-water-activities. This includes the following activities: kayaking, paddle boarding (SUPs), snorkeling, and SCUBA diving.
There is not a weight limit for guests who are not engaging in an in-water-activity.
For the safety of all our guests, guests must be able to climb a four-step vertical ladder without assistance. This ladder will be used to get on and off the boat when participating in an in-water-activity.
This Small Group Snorkel program has an age limit of 8 and older. For safety reasons, because of the size of snorkeling group going out, we request for children younger than 8 to be in private trips so that the captain and staff can focus on the child and your family in any case of an emergency.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
This Biscayne National Park snorkeling program is designed for active adults and children over eight who are good swimmers (private trips open to all ages). Open ocean water depth can vary from 7-20 feet. Swimming in the ocean, you may encounter currents and swells which require the ability to swim and float confidently. Inflatable snorkeling vests are required, optional life jackets and pool noodles are available on the boat upon request.
This program travels by high-speed boat in open waters where the jarring motion of the boat could cause problems for pregnant women, those with recent surgeries or back injuries, and can cause motion/sea sickness. To best accommodate you and make your trip safe and enjoyable, please make a note in your reservation or privately notify our captain or mate if:
- You are not an experienced snorkeler
- You have any recent surgeries
- You have any back injuries
- You have any medical conditions
- You are prone to motion/sea sickness
- You are pregnant
- You have any other concerns regarding your safety and health
We recommend that you bring along the following:
- Water Bottle
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Towel and extra clothes
- Insect Repellent
Lunch is NOT included. Please bring your own lunch and snacks so you don’t go hungry on your full-day adventure!
You can also bring a small cooler and a bag with you on the boat. Please do not bring anything that you don’t wish to get wet. We recommend storing any valuables in a waterproof bag.
What equipment is provided during the tour?
- Snorkel vests are provided if you are taking a snorkeling excursion, you will be given a snorkel vest that must be worn while snorkeling.
- Floatation devices are given on request such as pool noodles and life jackets.
- Snorkeling equipment is available for rent during check-out or on the day of your excursion at our store. Fins are the only equipment that’s required to wear while snorkeling.
- Snorkeling Bundle (Masks, Fins, Snorkel) $16
- Mask $5
- Fins $6
- Snorkels $5
- Shorty Wetsuits $10
- The boat will be a 23’ or 25’ powerboat depending on the size of the snorkeling group that’s going out. This boat doesn’t have a bathroom, we recommend using the bathroom in the visitor center before departing.
- There is cooler with extra water on the boat, and a cooler to store snacks as well. You can also leave your stuff on the boat while snorkeling, but there is a chance that it will get wet, we highly suggest storing anything that you don’t wish to get wet in a drybag.
Online waivers will be sent with the booking confirmation. No printing necessary. You can even complete the waivers on your phone! Adults over the age of 18 must complete and submit their own waiver. Minors ages 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian complete and submit a waiver on behalf of the minor. For snorkeling activities there are separate waivers for adults and minors, please be sure you are completing the appropriate waiver. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. To complete the waiver process, you will need to confirm your email address through and email that will be sent by Smartwaiver.
Snorkeling is an exciting and demanding activity. When performed correctly, applying correct techniques, it is relatively safe. However, there are certain medical conditions that increase risk. If you have a medical condition described on the Medical Statement or any other condition that would be contrary to safe participation in any in-water activities, you must provide documentation that you sought the advice of a physician prior to engaging in snorkeling activities.
Even if I’m not snorkeling but my family is, can I still sit on the boat?
- Yes, you may still sit on the boat while your family snorkels, but you would still have to pay the full price of a ticket even if you aren’t doing the activity.
What reefs do you go to?
- The captains make the decision on reef locations, so it is very dependent on weather conditions and captains’ choice. Once you book and receive an email confirmation, you will be given the captain’s phone line to ask questions about the location of your trip.