Heritage Of Biscayne Cruise
Experience Biscayne as you cruise along the keys where the history happened
Departure Location: Dante Fascell Visitor Center in Homestead, FL
Duration: 3.5 hours
Start Time: 9:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m.
Age Limit: This activity is great for all ages.
- See Keeping You Safe from COVID-19 for additional information before you book.
- Passenger Ages 5-12
- Passenger Ages 4 and under
- Private Trips Start at:
Join us as we journey across Biscayne Bay and back through time to tell you the stories of the people who’s influence shaped Biscayne National Park and its surrounding Miami and Florida Keys areas into what they are today.
This 3.5 hour experience will motor across Biscayne Bay and along the the northernmost islands of the Florida Keys with a stop at either Boca Chita Key, Elliott Key, or Adams Key. (The key stops are based on the conditions of the day, the inside of Boca Chita Lighthouse is not open to the public at this time.)
While you listen to the stories of Biscayne’s past, you will have the opportunity see some of the extraordinary wildlife that inhabit the protected Mangroves and Seagrass meadows as you cruise along.
This activity is great for all ages and there is no snorkeling or paddling during this experience. There is a small beach at Boca Chita. We recommend you wear clothes that could potentially get wet from water splashing onto the boat. This is not a glass bottom boat tour although you will be able to see the bottom of the bay in the clear waters of Biscayne from the side of the boat.
All ages welcomed!
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
If you require an ADA accessible ramp for the boat, please call (786) 465-4058 when booking to be sure appropriate accommodations are possible.
This program will depart from Convoy Point located at the Dante Fascell Visitor Center in Homestead, FL. 9700 SW 328th Street Sir Lancelot Jones Way Homestead, FL 33033.
You will check-in at the bookstore that’s located on the second floor right next to the visitor center 30 mins before the trip departs. Please complete your waivers before your trip to ensure a smoother check-in process.
This Biscayne cruise is great for all ages. We do ask to keep an eye on younger passengers in your group to ensure everyone’s safety.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
This program has movements that could cause problems for pregnant women, those with recent surgeries or back injuries, and can cause motion/sea sickness. To best accommodate you and make your trip safe and enjoyable, please make a note in your reservation or privately notify our captain or mate if:
- You have any recent surgeries
- You have any back injuries
- You have any medical conditions
- You are prone to motion/sea sickness
- You are pregnant
- You have any other concerns regarding your safety and health
Please note: If it is determined the trip may not be suitable for you based on the days conditions a full refund will be offered.
We recommend that you bring along the following:
- Water Bottle
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Light jacket
You can also bring a small cooler and a bag with you on the boat. Please do not bring anything that you don’t wish to get wet. We recommend storing any valuables in waterproof bag as water may splash in the boat on windy days.
What equipment is provided during the program?
- Life jackets can be provided if requested. There are emergency life jackets on the boat.
- The boat will be a Corithian 45 ft long boat that will have a max of 30 passengers. This boat does have a small bathroom for emergency use. We highly recommended using the bathroom in the visitor center before departing, as well as using the bathrooms in the island. During the trip, the boat stays in the bay the whole time, this will lessen the chance of motion sickness.
- There is a cooler with extra water on the boat, you will be able to use it to refill your water bottle. While cruising in the bay, especially on a windy day, there’s a chance that water will splash into the boat; we highly suggest storing anything that you don’t wish to get wet in a drybag.
Online waivers will be sent with the booking confirmation. No printing necessary. You can even complete the waivers on your phone! Adults over the age of 18 must complete and submit their own waiver. Minors ages 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian complete and submit a waiver on behalf of the minor. For snorkeling activities there are separate waivers for adults and minors, please be sure you are completing the appropriate waiver. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. To complete the waiver process, you will need to confirm your email address through and email that will be sent by Smartwaiver.
Do you support any ADA needs?
- We do our best to accommodate any ADA needs, for better assistance please contact us at (786) 465-4058 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll gladly assist you on any concerns.
Is there a place on the boat to hold my stuff?
- You can keep items on the boat during your excursion but there is a possibility of them getting wet during the trip, we ask that you use a dry bag and keep personal belongs hidden inside of your vehicles.
Is this a glass bottom boat?
- This is not a glass bottom boat, but in shallow areas the seagrass will be visible from the side of the boat. This trip will not go out to the ocean side, coral reef barriers will not be seen.