Join us for an intimate exploration of the waters of Biscayne National Park!
Duration: 3 hours, 15 minutes
Start Time: 9:15 a.m. & 1:25 p.m.
Available Days: Every day
Schedule limited September 1-November 15 please check calendar for available dates and times.
Snorkel the reef, wreck, or bay!
This half-day guided trip ventures out across Biscayne Bay on a USCG inspected 31′ powerboat with a maximum of 20 passengers.
Your captain chooses the Biscayne snorkeling site daily based on weather and sea conditions to ensure safety and an optimal snorkeling experience.
Each trip visits one of the following sites: In the open ocean, we snorkel around patch coral reef which is full of color and diversity. There are hundreds of species of fish and many interesting sea features to discover. On a bayside snorkel near the mangroves, which are home to many species of juvenile sea life and fish, you see hardpan bottom, soft corals, and sea sponges. Shipwreck sites can vary from a small collection of coral encrusted ballast stones to the mangled metal structures of modern ships.
The Institute and park staff explain why coral reefs, mangroves, grasses, and hardbottom habitats are all vital to the health of the local ecosystems.
Our boats are rigged with shade, but there are also additional areas where you can relax in the sun. We have drinking water available, please bring a refillable container to minimize trash. In an open boat, we recommend bringing a light jacket and towels as temperatures on the water can be cooler especially after being in the water. Please don’t bring anything on the boat that can’t get wet!
This Biscayne National Park snorkeling program is designed for active adults and children over eight who are good swimmers. Open ocean water depth can vary from 7-20 feet. Swimming in the ocean, you may encounter currents and swells which require the ability to swim and float confidently. Inflatable snorkeling vests are required, optional life jackets and pool noodles are available on the boat upon request.
The trip travels by high speed boat in open waters where the jarring motion of the boat could cause problems for pregnant women, those with recent surgeries or back injuries, and can cause motion/sea sickness. To best accommodate you and make your trip safe and enjoyable, please make a note in your reservation or privately notify our captain or mate if:
- You are not an experienced snorkeler
- You have any recent surgeries
- You have any back injuries
- You have any medical conditions
- You are prone to motion/sea sickness
- You are pregnant
- You have any other concerns regarding your safety and health
Please note: If it is determined the trip may not be suitable for you based on the days conditions a full refund will be offered.
Location and Store Hours:
- This trip begins and ends at Biscayne National Park headquarters at Convoy Point and is located at 9700 SW 328th Street, Sir Lancelot Jones Way, Homestead, FL 33033.
- Upon arrival, please check in at our store next to the Dante Fascell Visitor Center.
- The store is open from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. seven days a week during high season (December-April) and 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. during the slower season (April-November).
- The Dante Fascell Visitor Center is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Biscayne National Park hours are 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Mask, snorkel, and fins can be rented for an additional cost.
- If you have your own snorkel gear you’re welcome to bring it.
- Spear guns and fishing equipment are not allowed on our trips.