Depart from Deering Estate and experience Biscayne National Park in a new light!
Deering Estate Boca Chita Key Cruise
Half day guided boat trip and lighthouse visit
Departure Location: Deering Estate
Duration: 3 hours
Start Time: 10:30 AM & 2 PM
Available Days: One Saturday a month
Age Limit: All ages are welcomed
- Minimum: This activity requires at least 8 participants to get underway. You will be informed via email, call, and text if the minimum is not met. Bookings will either be rebooked or refunded.
- Price includes admission into Deering Estate
- See Keeping You Safe from COVID-19 for additional information before you book.
- Young Children (under 5)
Visit Boca Chita Key and learn about the park!
Each guided tour lasts approximately three hours and includes opportunities to explore and learn about popular and scenic Boca Chita Key and Biscayne Bay. See the lighthouse up close, explore the island, and hike the trail (mosquitoes are prevalent on the trails in the summer). Staff engage you with the history of the park and why mangroves, seagrasses, and hardwood hammock habitats are all vital to the health of the local ecosystems.
There is a picnic pavilion on the island along with bathrooms. We have drinking water available, please bring a refillable container to minimize trash. Our boats have shade, but there are also additional areas where you can relax in the sun. There are no guest sales on the island, please bring everything you will need to enjoy your visit with you.
This program will depart from the dockage area located directly behind Deering Estate. 16701 SW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33157. This is near the Palmetto Bay area.
Enter through the main gate of the estate and let the ticket booth know that you’re checking in for a boat tour. They will be able to direct you from there. Please arrive 30 minutes before your tour.
Boat tour ticket includes admission to Deering Estate.
This Biscayne cruise is great for all ages. We do ask to keep an eye on younger passengers in your group to ensure everyone’s safety.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
This program has movements that could cause problems for pregnant women, those with recent surgeries or back injuries, and can cause motion/sea sickness. To best accommodate you and make your trip safe and enjoyable, please make a note in your reservation or privately notify our captain or mate if:
- You have any recent surgeries
- You have any back injuries
- You have any medical conditions
- You are prone to motion/sea sickness
- You are pregnant
- You have any other concerns regarding your safety and health
Please note: If it is determined the trip may not be suitable for you based on the days conditions a full refund will be offered.
We do provide an ADA Certified ramp when requested at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact us and let us know if you need this at least a day before the trip to have it set for your trip.
We recommend that you bring along the following:
- Water Bottle
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Towel, picnic blanket, hat, sunglasses
- Bug repellent
You can also bring a small cooler and a bag with you on the boat. On windy days Please do not bring anything that you don’t wish to get wet. We recommend storing any valuables in a waterproof bag.
What equipment is provided during the program?
- There are emergency life jackets on the boat.
- The boat will be a Corithian that’s 45 ft long. It could hold a max of 40 passengers. This boat does have a small bathroom for use. We recommended using the bathroom in the Estate before departing. During the trip, the boat stays in the bay the whole time, this will lessen the chance of motion sickness.
- While cruising in the bay, especially on a windy day, there’s a chance that water will splash into the boat; we highly suggest storing anything that you don’t wish to get wet in a drybag.
- We do provide an ADA Certified ramp when requested. Please contact us and let us know if you need this at least a day before the trip to have it set for your trip.
Online waivers will be sent with the booking confirmation. No printing necessary. You can even complete the waivers on your phone! Adults over the age of 18 must complete and submit their own waiver. Minors ages 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian complete and submit a waiver on behalf of the minor. For snorkeling activities there are separate waivers for adults and minors, please be sure you are completing the appropriate waiver. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. To complete the waiver process, you will need to confirm your email address through and email that will be sent by Smartwaiver.
Do you support any ADA needs?
- We do our best to accommodate any ADA needs, for better assistance please contact us at (786) 465-4058 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll gladly assist you on any concerns.
Is there a place on the boat to hold my stuff?
- You can keep items on the boat during your excursion but there is a possibility of them getting wet during the trip, we ask that you use a dry bag and keep personal belongs hidden inside of your vehicles.
Is this a glass bottom boat?
- This is not a glass bottom boat, but in shallow areas the seagrass will be visible from the side of the boat. This trip will not go out to the ocean side, coral reef barriers will not be seen.